Monday, August 8, 2011

Mango Quinoa Salad--our version

Our Best Bites blog featured a recipe a while back that I've been wanting to try.. Jen made it one night and I tried a bite and it was really good.


Tonight I decided to make it for Dave and I for dinner..


After following the recipe (sort-of) I decided to add grilled chicken and feta cheese..success! We definitely recommend it!


1 cup cooked quinoa at room temperature, or chilled
half can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium mango, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
kosher salt
freshly cracked black pepper a few shakes of feta out of the container
one grilled chicken breast

(we cooked quinoa in chicken broth) 
Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.  Add mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and chicken.  In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice.  Whisk until smooth and pour on top of salad.  Toss to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.  Chill for at least one hour before serving. Add feta last so it doesn't get soggy!

(ps..that picture is not from us)

2 comments:

  1. I've made this too--and it's super yum...
    Quinoa is the new hot thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delish Cate. I think I'd better try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...